Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Party time!!

Sunday was Marissa's 7th birthday!!  We had a great time celebrating her big day!  Her birth was definitely an interesting one!  She was born literally during a hurricane.  They locked us in the hospital for 3 days, even though a normal birth is only a 24 hrs stay.  Then once we were able to get home, my FABULOUS nurse of a mother found out that Ashley (5 at the time of Marissa's birth, and was staying with my parents while we were locked in the hospital) had a very serious, life threatening lung infection.  It would be deadly if Marissa got it, so Ashley had to stay at my parents house without having any contact with us (for Marissa's safety) for 2 whole weeks.  If anyone has had their child "taken" from them without notice, they know how gut wrenching that was for me.  It was a bittersweet time.  I loved having my new baby, but missed my sweet Ashley terribly!!  I am so thankful my mom caught the infection in time.  If she was home with us, I would have most likely put her to bed thinking she needed rest, and she very well would have never woken up :-(  God was definitely taking care of us during that time!!  And thanks to my mom, Ashley is a wonderful 12 year old now!!  Anyway, even though the beginning was rough, we have had a fantastic 7 years.  I cannot imagine life without my kids.  They are all such a blessing to us, and are so unique!  Marissa is our little artist, and she is GOOD!!  I love her drawings, they are amazing, and SO much better than my stick people drawings!!  I tried to take a picture, but the camera wouldn't focus right.  Anyway, here are some pictures of her party.  She is a little princess, and wanted a "banquet" meal!  Chicken Marsala, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob!!  It was yummy!  The cake was delicious too!  We played games, and we all had a great time!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

norton family