Friday, December 16, 2011

Heartbroken

I just found out that my cousin Scotty was killed in a car explosion.  I don't know many details, but I am SO sad for his family!!  It is hard enough to lose an elderly family member, when you have time to prepare and say goodbye, but for someone so young and to not even get a chance to tell them you love them one last time, is unbearable.  He was so young, just 24 (would have been 25 New Year's Eve).  He had the sweetest personality and was such a nice young man who was trying so hard to live for the Lord.  Please keep his family in your prayers during this difficult nightmare.  It really does show you how things can change in an instant.  We all have to be prepared for where we will spend eternity.  God loves us all and wants us all to join Him in heaven.  We cannot do that on our own, since we are all sinners, but through Jesus Christ, we can all have a lifetime of peace and happiness in heaven.  Jesus offers us all the free gift of salvation to all who will accept Him and call upon His name.  I believe Scott is in heaven now, and I have peace knowing I will one day see him again.  I hope you are all ready yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

norton family