Friday, August 5, 2011

Servant's heart

Our God is an amazing God.  He made the world, so of course He knows what will make it run the best.  I tend to find that when I am less selfish and have more of a servants heart, I am much happier and more content.  When I am feeling selfish and that the world revolves around me, that is where trouble happens.  I feel depressed, I do things I shouldn't because I was "wronged" or because "I deserve it", and feel further from my husband, my kids, and my God.  God never said we wouldn't have trials, but how do we handle them?  Do we think "poor me" or do we use our experiences to help others?  Do we put other people ahead of ourselves, or do we have a "me first" attitude?  The world is teaching us to do what we want.  Do what will benefit us best, no matter the cost.  If your spouse is holding you back, leave them.  If you want to have nice things, use credit.  Noone in the world tells us to wait to be gratified.  To put others first, and to have longsuffering.  Well, Jesus tells us those things.  Jesus was perfect, and the perfect example of how we ought to live.  When I am having a bad day, and feeling down, I need to remind myself that life is not about me.  It's about Jesus, and what He did for us.  How he taught us to live, and His sacrifice He made for everyone.  How He rose again and is preparing a place for all who will believe.  Life is not about me, what I want, what I "deserve".  Life is about Jesus.  How we can SERVE Him, how we can LEAD OTHERS to Him and how we can live FOR Him!!  I am so full of filth I am glad that the world doesn't revolve around me.  If it did, we'd all be in a lot of trouble!!  I deserve nothing more than hell for my sins.  I need to be reminded of that when I start to feel sorry for myself.  What about you?  How are you living your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

norton family