Monday, February 21, 2011

My family

Even though it is so stressful for Nathan to only have a part-time job right now, we are so thankful that he is home every day.  I know God has a plan for us, and that He knows when our house will sell and when Nathan will be able to get on full-time.  I am trying so hard not to stress about it.  Just seeing the look on my kids faces when they see him come home every day is worth the financial strain.  Family should be the most important thing in this life, and unfortunately so many families take it for granted.  They throw away their marriage because they just "grow apart", they don't parent their kids and leave the school and/or church to do that, disciplining is practically unheard of.  Is this really making society better?!  I am so thankful to be married to a husband that wants me to stay home and raise our kids to be godly.  This world needs more Christians that are actually living what they believe.  Train your kids to love the Lord and to serve Him.  Don't just be a Sunday Christian and live how you want to the rest of the week.  That just sends mixed messages.  Really live your beliefs.  We are called to be different.  To be modest in what we wear, to shield our eyes, ears, and our minds from the world.  That includes the movies we watch and the music we listen to.  We really need to be different than everyone else.  Make them want what we have, which is more important than any material thing we could ever own.  A relationship with Christ WILL fill that void in your life.  I used to want to have "stuff".  I thought it would make me happy, but once you get that "stuff", it's already outdated.  There is new and improved "stuff" out there the minute you get home!!  Once I surrendered my whole life to Christ, and to His will, I no longer desired "stuff".  I now desire to have a happy, loving, Christ-centered family.  We don't have a lot of things, but we are happy and content with the Lord.  We know His will is perfect, and I never want to stop growing closer to Him.  I am not perfect, but I am changed.  How is your family doing?  Do you REALLY put God first, or just say you do?  Does what you wear, watch, read show that you are a Christian?  If not, are you truly saved?  Do you truly desire to please God and not man?  I pray for my friends and family and that they will truly be a light in this dark world.  You can find complete peace, not in things, but in Christ.

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time with you and your family Saturday. It really did feel like we were in high school again but with our kids running around! How fun! Can't wait till we get together again. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

norton family