Saturday, July 30, 2011

In bondage to sin

I think I have come to the conclusion that if Christians are doing something that THEY want to do or that "feels good", that it's probably not the right thing to do.  So many Christians today are in bondage to their sin and they are starting to believe the world that their sin is not really sin, that it is really acceptable.  You want to live with your boy/girlfriend. . .  no problem, get to know each other.  Impure thoughts, and acting on them. . . it's natural.  Letting your kids do/say whatever they want without punishment or training. . . they need to learn for themselves.  Eating til you are overstuffed. . . well you don't want to waste it!!  We have been taught by the world that we aren't responsible for our actions because someone along the way ruined us, and that is why we are the way we are.  It's not our fault.  Well, the truth of it is, those are all lies.  Lies Satan teaches us.  Lies the world teaches us.  The closer I get to God, the less I care what the world thinks and the less I want to be like anyone living for themselves, or to please others.  We are fully responsible for how we act and react.  If you are a woman and have not read "Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free", you really need to get it.  It is so true all the lies we have been fed, ever so slightly so you don't notice them as lies.  God does not call us to be selfish, or to get what WE can out of life.  He calls us to die to self.  To deny the flesh what the flesh wants, and to do things right and live for Him.  You can't live for God and for yourself.  You need to choose one.  I choose God.  I don't have to be in bondage of my sins or the lies I have believed.  I choose to be a servant for Christ.  To give up my desires for His glory.  I don't belong here, my home is in heaven.  Why would I want to fit in where I don't belong?  If the world is OK with me, then I am not being a good enough Christian.  I want the world to think I'm "weird".  I want them to know I am different.  Maybe then I can make a difference in the world. 

Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God."
Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

No comments:

Post a Comment

norton family