Monday, July 25, 2011

What's really important

Today at church we were learning about struggles, and how they really put us in our place.  They show us and teach us that in the whole scheme of things, the world does not revolve around us.  We are not the center of the universe.  It shows us to lean on God and to live our lives for Him and for His glory.  It really makes me think about what is truly important.  For me, is it important to have to go off to work for "things" that will just get old and break one day, or is it more important to invest that time in my children, raising and training them to love the Lord, to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?  For me, I choose not to work outside the home, but I try really hard to make sure that my ministry in the home is as it should be.  So often I feel that I fall short, but I always try to pick myself up and start new.  The time we have with our children is so short, we should be treasuring every moment with them.  Do we spend our days playing, encouraging and teaching our children?  At the end of the day do we feel that we have really impacted their lives in a positive way?  I feel that I really need to look to God to help raise my kids, especially in this sinful world.  I know that we all have struggles we are facing right now, and that God wants to help us through them.  I try to do the best I can, but ultimately, the rest is up to God.  My kids are growing so fast and I want them to know that I care about them and do what I can, even if we are having problems or struggles.  I also realize that my problems are nothing compared with others I know.  So many people in this world have so much less than we do.  Are being persecuted, starving, dying.  I have nothing to complain about, but I also have everything to lose if I don't take every opportunity to tell my kids and others about Christ.  Mainly, by living my life to please Jesus so that others can come to Him through me.  I got a good wake up call today.  Allow your struggles to bring you closer to Christ and closer to those that really matter.  We don't belong in this world, we are just passing through.  I just pray that God will give me the time here to help secure a home in heaven for my loved ones, and for others I meet.  Jesus is a free gift.  All you have to do is take it, and share it with others.  Believe that Christ will save you and you will have a home in heaven.  Know that God cares for you no matter what is going on in your life.  Then change your life to please Him and to grow closer to Him.  God is what really matters, where you will spend your eternal life is what matters.  Things don't matter so much when you look at the whole picture.  I think I need to make a better effort with my kids, training them for what really matters.  We can never get close enough to Christ.  There is always room to get closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

norton family