Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weary

This has been a really hard few weeks for me.  We are going to a church that I like for the most part.  Although, I HATE Sunday School.  I dislike it so much I almost want to change churches.  The teacher is horrible, spends most of the time going off on tangents, and he gives advice, but never uses scripture to back up what he says, which means the whole class is just his opinion.  There are other classes, but the one that is really good is for older people, which makes it really hard to meet people our own age.  I think I have come up with a solution though, so this Sunday we will give it a try.  I like to help out at church, and since I don't like the Sunday School class for married couples, we are going to help out in the teen group.  The assistant pastor is the preacher in that class, and he is wonderful.  Ashley just moved up so it will give us a chance to get to know some kids and their parents.  I think it will be really good for us and help us get plugged in.  I love the church message, so we'll see how this goes.
No news on our house yet.  Normally no news is good news, but when you are trying to sell a house, no news is BAD news!!  So we are continuing to pray, I know God will work things out in His timing. 
Someone stole my debit card number somehow.  So I have to deal with getting a new card, disputing a transaction and changing the automatic withdrawl number on ALL my bill accounts, ugg!!  I am thankful that I check the balance online daily so I was able to catch it right away without too much hassle, but the whole canceling the card and changing all the numbers will be a pain.  Too bad noone hacks into an account and DEPOSITS money.  Now that would be helpful!!
I am honestly trying to stay positive through all that has happened this year.  I know some people have it far worse than we do.  Even on a bad day for me it is much better than a good day for others.  I am trying to not complain about things, to take it one day at a time and to not worry about the house, missing my sisters and their families and all that!!  Speaking of family, one of my sister's is visiting in Sept, so that will be a lot of fun!  They will be here for Marissa's birthday and since their daughter and mine are BFF, they will have a great time :)
On a good note, I am so thankful for my family, for my husband that has not one but two jobs in a time where a lot of people have none. I am thankful that we are able to pay our bills, and still have a little fun.  I am so thankful that I have a Savior that loves me, guides me, and takes care of me.  He knows how this all will turn out, I only need to walk forward!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

norton family