Thursday, April 7, 2011

Birthday!!!!

Today is Nathan's 29th birthday!  Unfortunately, he had to work today, but we had a great time planning a "surprise" party for him.  Marissa spent so much time decorating the house, even putting confetti all over the floor in the entry way :) It was so adorable!!  I made him a strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting, and Ashley made a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (for the people that don't like strawberry!).  I also made chicken marsala.  I have never made it before, but it was SO delicious!!  Nathan said it was his new favorite meal.  So it was a huge success!!  The kids were great and made him their own presents.  Marissa worked for like a month making him pictures, a puppet, games, and a birthday crown.  Dylan wrapped up some of his toys and I love the look on his face when he watches Nathan open the gifts!  It is precious!  Ashley and I had a great plan to take a package that was delivered to Nathan today, and wrap it up as if we got it for him.  The picture didn't come out, but the look on his face was priceless!  It was so funny :)  We had a great night together, and I know Nathan really had a good birthday!  Here are a few pictures.  The ones of the gifts Ashley and I gave him were really blurry :( but here are some that tuned out:
Look at Dylan's face, I love it :)
Dylan gave Nathan his toys.
My beautiful family!

Marissa explaining the game she made.

The "pin the tail on Scamp" game.

6 comments:

  1. How cute !!! Tell him Happy B-day from us. Also we need his phone number is not the same anymore ,right ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How stinkin' adorable! Happy Belated Birthday Nathan! Savor this last year of your 20's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing!!!! So fun! Love & MISS you.....

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Marissa is so creative =D I miss you guys! Tell Mr. Norton happy b-day for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone :) He really appreciates the birthday wishes!!
    Rachel (both of you LOL) We miss you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

norton family