Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Passion of the Christ

I don't know about you, but I hate this movie.  Well, I guess I love it, but I hate it.  I love that it is so real and so honest about what could have happened to Jesus Christ in his last hours.  I hate that it is so sad, and the fact that I am so undeserving of the free gift Christ has given us.  I do not deserve to have Him love me enough to go through all of that pain, suffering, and death for me.  I am in awe how Christ loves the people in this world so much that He gave His life for us.  For me!!  When I think about what He gave up, it really makes me try harder to be like Christ.  To love my enemies, to raise godly children, and to teach others about salvation.  Noone deserves to get to heaven.  We are wicked, cruel people.  We deserve to go to hell.  But Christ, who was perfect, sacrificed His own life, miraculously raising himself 3 days later so that we that believe in Him will be able to enter into heaven.  We will be washed clean, given a new life.  I pray that you have Christ in your heart.  All you have to do is admit that you are a sinner (Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”), believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins (John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”), and trust your life to Christ (Romans 10:13 “Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”).  We are not perfect people and we could never work our way into heaven.  Only through Christ, can our sins be made clean.  Only through Christ, can that emptiness in our lives be filled.  You won't be perfect after salvation, but you will have the perfect example to follow.  I am so thankful to Christ for my salvation!  If I had nothing else in this world, that alone would make me happy.  Thank you Jesus for saving me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

norton family