Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I never really thought much about holiday's that aren't focused on God, but this year, Mother's Day really brought on a new meaning for me.  I realized, that being a mother is truly a high calling.  You put yourself last after your husband and children, you try to meet the needs of your family, train up your children for the Lord, and live godly to be a good example for them.  They watch you constantly, and really see the truth in your actions.  If I tell them not to do something, but they see me do it myself, I am nothing but a hypocrite.  Mother's Day honors Mother's, but really the honor is all God's.  If it was not for Him, none of us would be Mother's at all, since He is the Creator of life.  It is not just a blessing to be a mother, but God wants us to be married before we have children, which teaches them stability.  I am so thankful to God for bringing me to Nathan.  He really has blessed my life with him.  For my birthday, Nathan wrote the verse Proverbs 18:22 "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favor of the Lord."  I love that verse because it  proves to me that God wants people to be married.  He wants a man to marry a woman, so they can raise godly children that live for Him!  To me, Mother's Day is honoring God in that we are to be fruitful, multiply and raise soldiers for Christ!  I am honored to be a mother, but more honored to be a Christian!

1 comment:

  1. What a privilege it is to be a Christian mother! We both felt honored that God chose us to parents to such a wonderful child. So what better way to give God the glory than to raise our child to "know" Him! :)

    ReplyDelete

norton family