Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tired of buying junk

I am having a really hard time with teaching Marissa how to read.  I have bought numerous books that really don't teach her much at all.  Finally, last night I was at dinner with my Aunt who has been a teacher for years.  She told me to get the "Sing, spell, read and write" program.  I really hope this works for her (and Dylan), and that I can just sell all my other books that I wasted money on.  One thing about homeschooling, I feel like I waste a lot until I find the books that work the best.  I really hope these work, but then. . . the challenge of finding the curriculum for 2nd grade!!!

2 comments:

  1. Try selling them on craigslist. I'm sure there are homeschooler moms that would buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book we used (the one that was used on me =D) was called something like "Teach a child to read in 100 easy lessons." I'm not sure that was exactly it but it included "100 easy lessons." It was actually really fun and I did it when I was 5, so I'm sure Marissa would have no trouble with it.

    ReplyDelete

norton family