Friday, May 27, 2011

What a week!

This week we were house sitting for my brother-in-law.  Boy was that an interesting week!!  When we got there the first day, for some reason (I think I didn't hit one of the buttons all the way) the alarm did not deactivate.  I'm not kidding, this thing was screeching in my ear so loud!!  The kids were running around, the dogs were running around, the alarm would NOT shut off!!  I finally got it to stop after going temporarily deaf, and when the police showed up the kids thought that was exciting!!  What a way to spend the first night there!  The next day we stayed at the house while Nathan went to work.  Oh, did I mention my BIL is a bachelor?  Needless to say, there was no food in the house.  My poor kids claimed starvation for hours until Nathan got back (one of our cars was in the shop).  They are very dramatic, because there was food in the fridge.  Soda, milk, and brussel sprouts :)  They survived starvation and the next day we went to the store and got some food.  They loved taking care of the dogs.  The dogs slept with the girls, and one of them (the dog, not the girl) stole their pillows and the other would only sleep if he was under the covers.  LOL That was a funny sight!  My BIL also has Netflix which I have never used before, so that was a lot of fun!  The kids had a lot of fun vegging out and watching shows they haven't seen in years since we don't have cable.  It was actually a really nice relaxing time.  The dogs were very well behaved.  The cat didn't make Ashley sneeze too much :)  It was nice to give my parents a little break from all our chaos too.  I hope we didn't leave his house too much in disarray, but we did drink all of his soda . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

norton family