Saturday, May 28, 2011

Weight Loss

I really don't like exercising.  In fact, it's probably one of my least favorite things.  Walking . . . BORING!!  Lifting weights is OK, but still not really my thing.  BUT. . . one of my favorite things to do is swim.  We have been trying to swim at least 2x a week, and I make it a point to swim a few laps while we are there.  Since at my heaviest, I have lost 13 lbs!!!  I am actually almost ashamed to admit it!!  I still have a ways to go.  My goal is getting down to my wedding weight, which is about 6 more lbs left.  I have not been working very hard at it, honestly.  I want to be happy with whatever weight I am, and just try to eat better and swim.  My goal is to get healthier and to not have seizures anymore.  If I lose weight, then that is great, but I am not obsessed about it.  I do feel a lot healthier now and I feel like I have more energy.  I still have been having seizures, and I'm glad we are going back to NC next week, and I can get my Pilates DVD.  That seems to help me with stretching and relaxing.  Which helps me not to have the seizures.  I have been trying to not stress about the house, but that is getting harder as time goes by.  I just try to remember God's plan is best!!!  His timing is not our timing.  I am glad to be losing some weight, and getting energy.  I wish I was motivated to work harder at it, but like I said, I don't want to be obsessed with how I look.  Slow and steady will be the way to go for me :)  It would be nice to be back to my wedding weight by our anniversary, but if not, I'm ok with that!!

1 comment:

  1. Your comng next week???? Yayness!!! I thought those plans had changed.

    ReplyDelete

norton family