Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day

We don't normally celebrate "card" holidays, but I just wanted to say something about Father's Day.  Since there are so many broken homes, and so much chaos and disorder in this world, I just wanted to show thanks to the "father's" in my life.
1. My dad.  He was and is a great dad.  He would play baseball with us, take us bike riding, and share a bowl of popcorn with us while we watch movie's together.  He is a computer whiz and an AMAZING guitar player.  He was a godly example of what a loving father should be, and I really appreciate what he did and does for his family!
2. My husband.  Since living with my parents, we found out he is actually more like my mom than my dad, and I am more like my dad LOL.  Nathan is an amazing husband.  He never could be labeled lazy, he can fix anything, he is an amazing spiritual leader, and he is my best friend.  We have gone through so much, and he is the strength that I lean on.  I just love him so much.  I think he is a wonderful father!  Always playing with the kids, and showing them how to fix stuff on the car.  I love to watch him interact with the kids, they really do love him and look up to him!  I am so blessed :)
3. My God.  He deserves the #1 spot, but I wanted to mention him last, since He is most important.  He is all knowing, all loving, and always forgiving of my faults.  He is the true father we should be celebrating.  He is what your father was if your father was godly, or He is what your father should have if your father was lacking.  I see people that can't relate to God as a Daddy because of their childhood.  I am thankful that my childhood shows me the unconditional love of our Abba.  He loves us no matter what, and only wants us all to love His son and join Him in heaven.  He is the picture of perfection, and of peace.  He is the only one that is purely and completely good.  I love God more than anyone, and I cannot wait to meet Him one day and to show Him how much I love Him and to thank Him for loving me, even though I am so unworthy!!

Happy Father's Day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

norton family