Thursday, June 30, 2011

Patience and perseverance . . .

For some reason, I haven't been able to get ahold of our negotiator.  It's starting to frustrate me.  It seems like every time we take a step forward with the house, we stand still for twice as long.  I am thinking, and praying, that she is out of town on vacation right now, and I hope that she will get back to me soon.  She usually calls the same day!!  I wish this whole thing would be behind me right now, but for whatever reason, it's not. . . yet.  On a good (silly) note, I painted my nails today :)  I did a pink french manicure.  The first time I ever tried it, and it turned out pretty well.  I really am grateful to have the stuff at home, so I can still do something "fancy" without spending a ton of money.  Now if only I knew how to cut my own hair ;)  Marissa and I are finally feeling better, which is a HUGE blessing!  I have 2 bedrooms to clean and I need to get the fridge all cleaned out by Saturday!!  That's a lot of work, but I know it will get done!  (Now, why did I paint my nails BEFORE cleaning?!?!?!)  The weeks have gone by so slowly, and I can't wait to get through July!  Ashley has horseback riding camp the last week in July and she is SO excited for it!!  I am really proud of her.  She paid for half of it with her own money, which for her, was a huge deal!!  She usually spends her money the second she gets it, so the fact she could save up a significant amount is a big deal!  She is very generous with her money though, always offering to buy the kids ice cream and things like that.  I love how much my kids love each other.  They aren't perfect, but they sure are good, and I am really proud of each of them!  We have been taking them each out alone lately, and I really enjoy it a lot.  It's fun to see them grow and start to think of things on their own.  They each have their own strengths and I love encouraging their individual desires.  A lady I know once told me that when she was out with all of her kids, someone said "boy, it looks like you have your hands full!!"  She replied, "Better full than empty!"  LOL I have to agree, I love having my hands full with my sweeties!!  Ok, I'm rambling now :)  We'll see what happens with the house.  I know that whenever God chooses to sell it, we will look back and understand why it sold at the time it sells.  I know God has a reason for not selling it yet and He won't leave us stranded!!  Now, if only people (that I am not very close to) would stop asking me about it every week :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment

norton family