Saturday, June 11, 2011

What is God's will?!?!?!

I always wonder if I am really in God's will and how to know if I am.   Well, I guess we just go on with life until a door closes in front of us.  We sometimes are shocked by the door closing, so you know it's from God!!  Sometimes, it seems like the door swings open and closed without ever letting you know for sure if you are on the right path or not.  That's how I feel right now.  Like I'm in the middle of a swinging door.  Do I go through?!  Do I go a different way?  Then I think of what our pastor said.  If you don't know if it's God's will.  Don't do anything!!  That makes a lot of sense.  If you aren't sure, then you shouldn't move.  So that is what we are trying to do.  Wait on the Lord.  There are so many "what if's" out there, that I don't know if/when they will be answered, but I know that if I want to be in the center of God's will, then I need to be still and patient.  Things are moving forward (slowly) with the house which is the biggest hurdle.  We know it will sell in God's timing, and I am trying hard to be content and not anxious.  We are very thankful for staying with my parents.  It's not stressful at all here, and the kids are getting so much closer to them.  What a huge blessing to have this opportunity for them to build fond memories with their loving grandparents!!  Not every child gets that, and I know they will cherish it forever!  We also have another opportunity from God, that I am praying fervently for.  I want to be a blessing to others, but only if God allows it and if it is His will for it to happen.  Maybe more later on that, we will see how God directs the steps.  I don't know what I would do without God's guidance.  I guess wander around aimlessly without any hope.  I am so thankful for God teaching me so much in the short months since our lives were turned upside down.  You never know what God has in store.  I love looking back and saying "Ohh, so THAT'S why things happened that way!!!"  What a blessing to be in His will and to see how things came together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

norton family