Saturday, June 4, 2011

Packing like a maniac

So ends day 2 of our moving extravaganza!  Yesterday was pretty uneventful, which is very good when traveling!!  The girls were really well behaved, which was a huge blessing.  We heard the whole series of Adventures in Odyssey Novacom (it's 9 CD's!) who says you need a DVD player on road trips :)  Last night was nasty though.  We had to turn back on our water, that was not fun, not to mention the toilets were very dirty after the water was off for 4 months!!  With all that taken care of, we were very thankful to have a nice cozy bed to snuggle into!!  Today was very hectic and crazy.  The girls were off with friends/family which left Nathan and me to pack up the whole house.  Thank goodness for friends!!  They all came and helped us move the big stuff, cram the trailer full, and help figure out what we REALLY need and what we can live without.  That was the hardest part for me.  One of the big things we had to leave behind was our bedroom set and king sized bed.  They wouldn't fit in the trailer :(  Thank goodness for Craig's List!  I was able to sell the bedroom set, and only have the king bed left.  I'm glad to have it to sleep on tonight since I'm so tired, but I would love to sell it tomorrow!!  We weren't able to bring our Christmas stuff, but we could leave that at my sister's house.  We had A LOT of stuff to bring to her house.  I felt bad about leaving so much, when I got a call from her saying that we brought too much and Nathan needed to come and get some.   What a stinker, she was kidding, and was laughing so hard.  That was a good one!!  It's hard to pull a fast one on me, but she caught me in a vulnerable moment, and I assure you, it won't happen again ;)  Nathan and I promised each other not to fight during this stressful time and so far so good!!  We are a team and we're trying to not get upset with each other.  We could not have done all of this without our friends and my family!!  Thank you so much for all your help!!  We have so much done today, there is hardly anything left for tomorrow!!  I hope we aren't dragging when we are driving, I am really glad for the automatic suspension leveler (I'm sure it has some technical name, but that's what I call it!!)  I know we stuffed the trailer and the car to the max!  Well, off to bed, I'm exhausted.  Now the fun part to drive back 10 hrs to FL and unload everything!!  I hope we make it home without incident!!  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

norton family