Friday, June 24, 2011

Weddings

Today is my sister's wedding anniversary!  It really got me thinking about weddings :)  I LOVE weddings!  It's so exciting to see the decorations, the dress, the flowers!  I love the look on the grooms face when he sees his bride.  My favorite weddings are Christian ones, where the focus is on God, and how their marriage will honor Him.  I have been in a number of weddings over the years.  Eight, in fact!!  I loved being a part of each and every one of them.  I loved helping pick out the wedding gown and bridesmaids gowns too!!  What a fun time in a person's life!  Some people cringe at the thought of paying for their daughters weddings, but I am SO looking forward to it!  I pray for my children daily that they will keep themselves pure, both in body and in their minds, and I pray for their future spouses to be loving, godly people.  I don't think you can start praying too soon, since their future mates are most likely already alive right now!!  Looking back to my own wedding day, it was absolutely perfect.  I spent hours and hours planning every last tiny detail.  Searching for the best deal on some things, so I could splurge on others.  What great memories I have.  Almost every wedding that I have been in, Ashley has as well.  (She's been in 6!)  I wish I had pictures from all of the weddings, but when you are in it, it's hard to get pictures of yourself!  Oh well, at least I have memories in my head.  Here are a few pictures I could scrounge up digging through boxes, most from my family's weddings, since my parents have copies :)  I put them in order of when they occurred. Happy Anniversary Karen and Alan (first photo)!!



2 comments:

  1. I just can't get over how much Ashley and Mirranda look a like in younger pictures of Ashley. You had better label all their pics or you will not know who is who in years to come. No wonder you and Ashley are asked to be in so many wedding ya'll are gorgeous in the pics!!!

    Tammy Kapoor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie! You are so sweet. Weddings are wonderful~especially Christ-centered! :) ~Karen

    ReplyDelete

norton family